No announcement yet.

NASA on Global Warming! Sorry Al Whore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA on Global Warming! Sorry Al Whore!

NASA on Global Warming! Sorry Al Whore!

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA's Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA's Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models.

"The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," Spencer said in a July 26 University of Alabama press release. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."

In addition to finding that far less heat is being trapped than alarmist computer models have predicted, the NASA satellite data show the atmosphere begins shedding heat into space long before United Nations computer models predicted.

The new findings are extremely important and should dramatically alter the global warming debate.

Scientists on all sides of the global warming debate are in general agreement about how much heat is being directly trapped by human emissions of carbon dioxide (the answer is "not much"). However, the single most important issue in the global warming debate is whether carbon dioxide emissions will indirectly trap far more heat by causing large increases in atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds. Alarmist computer models assume human carbon dioxide emissions indirectly cause substantial increases in atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds (each of which are very effective at trapping heat), but real-world data have long shown that carbon dioxide emissions are not causing as much atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds as the alarmist computer models have predicted.

The new NASA Terra satellite data are consistent with long-term NOAA and NASA data indicating atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds are not increasing in the manner predicted by alarmist computer models. The Terra satellite data also support data collected by NASA's ERBS satellite showing far more longwave radiation (and thus, heat) escaped into space between 1985 and 1999 than alarmist computer models had predicted. Together, the NASA ERBS and Terra satellite data show that for 25 years and counting, carbon dioxide emissions have directly and indirectly trapped far less heat than alarmist computer models have predicted.

In short, the central premise of alarmist global warming theory is that carbon dioxide emissions should be directly and indirectly trapping a certain amount of heat in the earth's atmosphere and preventing it from escaping into space. Real-world measurements, however, show far less heat is being trapped in the earth's atmosphere than the alarmist computer models predict, and far more heat is escaping into space than the alarmist computer models predict.

When objective NASA satellite data, reported in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, show a "huge discrepancy" between alarmist climate models and real-world facts, climate scientists, the media and our elected officials would be wise to take notice. Whether or not they do so will tell us a great deal about how honest the purveyors of global warming alarmism truly are.~ Forbes, James Taylor

Comment

Poor Al! Now even NASA is turning on him. Now he can crank up that thermostat in his energy hog house when it gets cold.

Comment

I partially agree with you, in that there is a lot that we don't know for sure, but you can cherry pick studies and scientific findings to support almost any view, and while there are some(usually minor)disagreements in the scientific community about global warming, the vast majority of evidence clearly shows that the planet is on a significant warming trend, and that human activities are a major cause. To believe anything else in the face of such overwhelming evidence is both stupid and dangerous.

Comment

Huntfishtrap, Dangerous and stupid is falling for such nonsense. I will believe the people who brought us or contributed too all the technology we know of today than a few fringe scientists that are paid to back the Global Warming science. The fact that there are billions if not trillions of dollars to be had on this false science industry would lead most anyone to do what is needed to be done to back phony science to receive a healthy paycheck and to travel the world, hence the imbalance in scientific data disproving global warming and proving. NASA released photos last year or the year before showing that in Antarctica the ice has expanded in size equivalent to the size of Texas in the last 10yrs, yet you here how the Arctic ice has receded to dangerous levels. I know it is confusing for some people but for others it is as obvious as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. I also remember a show on the discovery channel long before the global warming fad that was discussing how in many large cities in the USA it was cooler during the 50's, 60's, & 70's because of the amount of smoke from industries released and it blocked the suns rays from penetrating through it. This was when acid rain was a problem and when they decided something needed done and in short order it was hotter and the weather was less predictable, such as places that received alot of rain didn't see as much once the atmosphere began becoming cleaner and less smoke to block the suns rays. I can't prove it, but that is what these scientists said which makes more sense than Global Warming.

Comment

Lets not forget, this planet undergoes a series of ice ages and is still warming from the last

Comment

Please, also do not forget that this website is what I would consider a family site, and that many underage hunters visit here. I would like to kindly ask that in the future, please try to find a new nick name for Al Gore. Thank you.

Comment

So Dcast, the "few" scientists are paid huh? Do you have some proof of that? If you do I would sure like to see it. If you don't have any proof of it, then you are just committing the same mistake that you accuse me of making, which is blindly following the BS spewed out by some self-proclaimed expert with a hidden agenda.
                You make another fallacy by saying that the majority of scientists disagree with the idea of global warming, I can name multiple studys that say the same basic thing, but for the sake of space I will just list a couple: In 2009 the Pew Research Center conducted a poll that concluded that 84% of scientists agreed that the earth is getting warmer because of human activity(Doesn't sound like a minority to me does it?); A poll conducted in 2007 by Pew Global Attitudes concluded that "Substantial majorities in 25 of 37 countries say global warming is a very serious problem".

We can go around and around with ideological arguments, but the fact remains that the vast majority of scientists say that global warming is real, and is a a dangerous problem, and I don't know about you, but when a large number of people who are much smarter than me(or you)say the same thing I tend to listen until/unless there is a proven reason the doubt them.
                And just to be clear, I don't like most of Al Gore's ideas any more than you, but even a blind sow finds an acorn once in a while right?

Comment

Did not want to, but I cant help but weigh in with my two cents. First I have to say I agree with land_cruiser about this being a family site. My children are often on here. That said, I agree the earth is getting warmer. Is man the cause of this? I dont know, and most scientist cannot seem to agree. One thing I do know is that the hotest period in the history of the earth was millions of years ago. There were no polar ice caps, and life was thriving everywhere. So I am not sure where all the doom and gloom is coming from. One other thing to add, back then I am pretty sure man was not the cause of the earth warming. So who is to say we are causing it now?

Comment

IT'S true that the northern ice cap is receding,also true is antartica is getting colder with ice now 5 miles thick.Polar bears maybe be come extinct,they won't be the first or last to do so as our planet is ever changing.

Comment

First off, I am sorry if I've offended anyone, I certainly didn't intend to. I just don't like it when I see someone trying to promote their opinion to others when there are so few facts to back it up.
                      That said, I partially agree with mesarich about man's contribution to global warming, that is by far the least agreed-upon point by the scientific community. However, you say that life was thriving millions of years ago in the warmest period ever on earth, and that might be true. But where are all of those critters now? Extinct aren't they? Now, I don't know any more about that period than anybody else, but who's to say that it wasn't the heat that eventually killed them, rather than the cold or something else?

Comment

huntfishtrap, you did not offend me, I love a good debate. Most of the theories about the extinctions are that a large meteor hit the earth, or it was massive volcanic eruptions that did it. Both of these events cause the earth to cool. Which in turn led to the extictions. The earth getting warmer may be a bad thing, or it may be much ado about nothing. My bet is the latter. To each their own.

Comment

Huntfishtrap, "A few fringe scientists" is/was a major mistatement and I agree with you that more scientists "beleive" in global warming than don't. Which is really explainable as in my last post. Scientist receive massive amounts to do research showing global warming or V-V. The facts are these scientist receive money from governments, universities, and large corporations such as GE that have interests in this market. Also many smaller island states benefit from this research along with grants and other money. The simple fact is without the money coming in, the global warming market is left out in the cold. Anyway to answer your question pick any study you like that proves global warming and I will show you the money so to speak if you don't want to look for yourself. Global Warming is full of holes and the people promoting it like AG is using people like you and me to get rich.

Comment

Still think that Global Warming is a serious issue we should pay particular attention to, if we want to make our planet a better place. Please read this: http://www.globalissues.org/issue/178/climate-change-and-global-warming and tell me what do you think. Albert, owner of http://www.bifoldclosetdoorsguide.com

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lost some cover; pic heavy
                              by fitch270
                              ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                              Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                            • Covid-19
                              by jhjimbo
                              Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                              09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                            • Spur of the moment rifle
                              by Amflyer
                              I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                              09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                            • The $20 Shooting Shack
                              by fitch270
                              So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                              09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                            • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                              by dewman
                              one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                              09-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X