Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The redbud trees in front of my hunting camp burst into first bloom yesterday and the Chickasaw plums on the hill out back have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The redbud trees in front of my hunting camp burst into first bloom yesterday and the Chickasaw plums on the hill out back have

The redbud trees in front of my hunting camp burst into first bloom yesterday and the Chickasaw plums on the hill out back have been blooming for longer than that---signs of an early spring down south. There are buds getting ready to pop everywhere. I still haven't heard a turkey gobble, but there haven't been but one or two pretty mornings. How are your turkey woods looking?

Haven't been able to get out and listen in the mornings. But, I saw a strutter in a field with a few hens yesterday morning on the way to work.

Comment

There is still a little snow in the timber. We are expecting a little snow towards the weekend.

Comment

Just about crotch deep in snow.

Comment

Here in Oklahoma the frogs are singing and spring is in the air.

Comment

I should have mentioned where I live when I wrote "Just about crotch deep in snow.".... Town of Lee, located in Central New York State.
            Old Man Winter is saying good-bye to us in a very nasty way, wind has been blowing, temps cold and it seems we have been getting some type of snow fall every other day. Snowed Saturday 2/26 and Sunday 2/27, about 4 inches one day and the next day about 6 inches of snow then on Monday we got rain. Now it is back to cold and some snow. Cold North winds blowing hard today 3/2/2011.
            Spring will be a welcomed sight. April 1st trout season opens here, hope most of the snow is gone by then.

Comment

Woods are greening up here in Alabama fast, gobbling does not reflect an early spring cause they ain't much of it going on here. Maybe farther south in Alabama it is different,,, Would still love to be out amongst 'em, season is still 13 days away. Oh, Bother,,

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget