Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I use to catch perch out of big ponds and small lakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I use to catch perch out of big ponds and small lakes?

What should I use to catch perch out of big ponds and small lakes?

perch arent terribly fussy on their food, worms or minnows under bobbers, small(1/16 oz or smaller) jigs with maribou feathers or 1" curly tails, small nymphs or woolly buggers on the flyrod will all work.Perch are a schoolling fish and they usually roam weedy bays

Comment

use minnows with a carolina rig, leeches witch u can usually get from a store, when u catch one of the perch cut the tail off and use it for bait

Comment

I have been having great success lately here in the NW drop-shoting a plain worm about 1-2 feet off of the bottom. Drop your worm right along the edge of a weed bed or in a hole in the middle of the weed bed. If you don't get bites keep trying different spots around the weed bed. Once you find the bite stay there because as "bigjake" stated they are a schooling fish and where you catch one you will catch many. Good Luck.

Comment

Just use the old reliable; worms, get a medium hook and a cork. set the cork about 2 1/2 feet above the worm and cast along the weedbeds, trees etc... you will catch them.

Comment

Worms work great, and depending on what kind of perch a common tactic is to fish from a boat and take one of your perch and set a line with a float on it so you can follow the school.

Comment

I'm feeling the force, Yoda. Nice tip, that perch on a hook school finder is.

Comment

Small minnows,small jigs with waxworms are my favorites for larger perch.

Comment

Neon Green/Yellow micro "C" tail Grub with a tiny chunk of night crawler on the hook. Fish it off the edge of weed lines in about 10 to 15 feet of water. Make sure to bring a few 5 gallon buckets with a little ice to store the perch in.

Comment

Hotdogs,worms,and if you go to walmart,get some Gulp,fake bat,like fake maggets!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget