Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best live bait for northern pike? for bass? for walleye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best live bait for northern pike? for bass? for walleye?

what is the best live bait for northern pike? for bass? for walleye?

I've caught northern on everything--frogs, nightcrawlers, minnows, leeches. Leech seem to be consistently good.

For bass, go with minnows.

For walleye, I'd say put a juicy nightcrawler on there.

Comment

Mr. Bunyan's right on the bass and walleye's. I've never caught a Northern(hopefuly soon) so I would'nt know. Sorry I could'nt help more.

Comment

I also agree with Mr Bunyan. But you also have to know where to fish. For northerns, look for weed beds and fish your minnow on a bobber. For bass, find a shallow bay with a rocky or sandy bottom until the bass have completed their spawn, then fish deeper. For walleyes, find a gravel bottom with current. Drop all the way down to the bottom and use a green worm harness! Good Luck. Capt Ed www.letsgofishin.us

Comment

if i had only 1 live bait to use on waters where all 3 species lived, id take 3"-5" shiner minnows

Comment

I like using large sucker minnows for pike. Find a school of bait fish and suspend it just above the school. For bass I've heard shiners work well. Walleye love leeches and small minnows.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Not a crappy crappie dinner
              by fitch270
              The plan was to have a fish fry while camping this weekend even if it meant stooping to smallish bluegills and perch. The goal was for the Kid and I to...
              Today, 01:36 PM
            • Right now
              by fitch270
              Yesterday, 10:45 PM
            • Adjusting my O/U fit
              by dewman
              Dove season will be here before you know it. I know last year the early Teal season(September) was a one and done for me but I have a new shotgun, son...
              Yesterday, 08:10 AM
            • Ugggghhh
              by fitch270
              Didn’t have a chance to get pics because there wasn’t any shoulder to pull over onto, but saw a beaut of an 8pt laying dead just off the road today....
              07-22-2021, 09:40 PM
            • Score!!!!
              by fitch270
              Took my wife out tonight for her birthday at a Japanese restaurant out of town. Excellent meal. The place happens to be next door to our closest Walmart...
              07-19-2021, 09:42 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X