Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have heard of fresh water sharks. With ships taking on ballast from different parts of the world, is there any chance suc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have heard of fresh water sharks. With ships taking on ballast from different parts of the world, is there any chance suc

I have heard of fresh water sharks. With ships taking on ballast from different parts of the world, is there any chance such species could end up in the Great Lakes?

i'm no expert on sharks, but i did read a couple years ago where bull sharks sometimes swim inland several miles along costal water ways. AS far as the GREAT LAKES go i wouldn;t think they could survive long if they some how were intrduced there.

Comment

thats pretty amazing BIG O , so now i wonder y r not sharks living in these waters ?

Comment

huh that's interesting, though i would think that though it can survive in freshwater that doesn't mean it can stay there indefinitely can it?

Comment

As far as I know(doing research now), the only reason to leave is food. There are also known as Zambiezi sharks(africa).
          Check them out on History Channel.com/monster quest."Bull Shark"

Comment

I would think that the great lakes would be too cold for bull sharks but i've heard stories of greenland sharks traveling far up river in the St. Lawrence sea way. And they love cold dark water. aka the great lakes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
              by jhjimbo
              If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
              10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
            • Pay it forward
              by fitch270
              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
              10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
            • Reloading Gear Order
              by fitch270
              I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
              10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
            • Ruger Oops! Round 2
              by dewman
              Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
              10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
            • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
              by Ernie
              Any handgun hunters here?
              Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
              10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X