Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have caught very few walleye since I was able to land my first walleye last year. What time of the year and what method/tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have caught very few walleye since I was able to land my first walleye last year. What time of the year and what method/tackle

I have caught very few walleye since I was able to land my first walleye last year. What time of the year and what method/tackle is best for walleye?

spring and fall, early morning or sunset til afterdark( if legal).once the sun shines hard , walleye usually shut down. cloudy days are good too. some of the simpliest, productive rigs are jigs with live bait(minnow, leech), trolling spinners with nitecrawlers, or using a slip bobber and jig with live bait when there is a slight chop on the water.
    a sonar is handy to find underwater humps, and suspending fish. keep a tight line, walleye are notorious light biters. set the hook on any tap or bump. good fishing

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake View Post
      spring and fall, early morning or sunset til afterdark( if legal).once the sun shines hard , walleye usually shut down. cloudy days are good too. some of the simpliest, productive rigs are jigs with live bait(minnow, leech), trolling spinners with nitecrawlers, or using a slip bobber and jig with live bait when there is a slight chop on the water.
      a sonar is handy to find underwater humps, and suspending fish. keep a tight line, walleye are notorious light biters. set the hook on any tap or bump. good fishing
      Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Here's another article mentioning planer boards....

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
          by jhjimbo
          If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
          10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
        • Pay it forward
          by fitch270
          I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
          10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
        • Reloading Gear Order
          by fitch270
          I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
          10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
        • Ruger Oops! Round 2
          by dewman
          Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
          10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
        • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
          by Ernie
          Any handgun hunters here?
          Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
          10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X