Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi...What's the largest trout of any type you've taken from a stream, river or lake? Mine was a four pound, 23-inch Brook Trout, taken from a fairly small stream...!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi...What's the largest trout of any type you've taken from a stream, river or lake? Mine was a four pound, 23-inch Brook Trout, taken from a fairly small stream...!!

Hi...What's the largest trout of any type you've taken from a stream, river or lake? Mine was a four pound, 23-inch Brook Trout, taken from a fairly small stream...!!

That's a heck of a brookie Bob. I will be the first person to admit that I'm not a great fisherman. I don't really know my biggest trout exactly, but it would probably be a brown or rainbow in the 16-18 inch range. Yes, I know that's pretty pathetic for a biggest fish, but I just don't do a lot of rod-and-reel fishing. I do bowfish a lot.

Comment

I don't get a chance to fish for trout very often. The biggest I have ever caught was a 13" cutthroat out of the Gros Ventre River in Jackson, Wyoming. The fish wasn't big by any means, but was by far the most scenic area I have ever fished and probably one of the most memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
        That's a heck of a brookie Bob. I will be the first person to admit that I'm not a great fisherman. I don't really know my biggest trout exactly, but it would probably be a brown or rainbow in the 16-18 inch range. Yes, I know that's pretty pathetic for a biggest fish, but I just don't do a lot of rod-and-reel fishing. I do bowfish a lot.
        Hi...huntfishtrap...

Thanks for your kind remarks...!! Had it weighed on a scale at nearest Post Office...No world record, but nice nevertheless...!!

Allegedly a 24-inch five-pounder was caught further down the same stream, but I could not verify it.

And 16-18 inch range browns and rainbows are certainly NOT pathetic...I'd like to take some of those myself...!!

NYS freshwater record as of November 01, 2014 was a six pound brook trout...!!

Comment

I have had a 12# Lake Trout from Lake Michigan and one a little smaller from Seneca Lake in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            I have had a 12# Lake Trout from Lake Michigan and one a little smaller from Seneca Lake in New York.
            The one and only time i've targeted lake trout caught a 25lb male up here in alaska.

Comment

The one and only time i've targeted lake trout caught a 25lb male up here in alaska.

Comment

here's that fish
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Freel View Post
                  here's that fish
                  Now that's a big trout!

Comment

I bought my current house because it was located along a good warm-water creek and not too far along the channel from some colder put and take trout tributaries.
                    It was a busy year, and it was 8 months after I moved in before I made a point of fishing the big hole behind the house. Caught the biggest trout I've ever caught in 20 minutes. 19" brown. No idea what it weighed.
                    I've caught an occasional rainbow back there since, but generally it's a warm water fishery, and I've never caught any trout on that scale again.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget