Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just testing to see if I can post on this site and ask if anybody is fishing at this time of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just testing to see if I can post on this site and ask if anybody is fishing at this time of the year?

Just testing to see if I can post on this site and ask if anybody is fishing at this time of the year?

I like to get out to ice fish a bit this time of year but I haven't been yet. Now that the hunting seasons are winding down, I should be able to get some in. I'll start hitting the rivers for walleye here in a month or two, depending on what the weather allows. How about you, santa?

Comment

Not me. Sitting on a bucket staring at a little hole in the ice while freezing your butt off has never appealed to me, so I don't ice fish. And about the only open water in my region this time of year are trout streams, but trout fishing is mighty slow in winter. I'll usually get back out on the water about April or May.
      BTW, good to have you on the site santa.

Comment

Santa, I gave up ice fishing a few years ago so I'm waiting for open water. Welcome!

Comment

I just returned from ice fishing Upper Red Lake in Minnesota. Was targeting walleye. From Thursday evening till Sunday morning we caught about 18 fish. Lot's of 12 inchers with a few 17 inchers and one 18 inch. Pretty slow for 4 guys. Still was a good time of course. Everybody we talked to complained about a slow bite. We did better than most of the others we spoke with.

Comment

Dear Santa,
            I fish all year long here where I live, and how do you get in my house when we don't have a chimney?
            D.T.
            South Florida!

Comment

Of course! I live in Virginia near the Upper James River and January is one of the best fishing times here for smallmouth. Just go out and try it, you never know when it comes to fishing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget