Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, is hunting/fishing better before or after a storm front moves through the area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion, is hunting/fishing better before or after a storm front moves through the area?

In your opinion, is hunting/fishing better before or after a storm front moves through the area?

For fishing, just before the front moves in. For hunting, after the front moves in.

Comment

For fishing, definitely before. But for hunting it's not so clear-cut, in my experience. I've had great hunts both before storm fronts and after them, and likewise I've also had poor hunts before and after storms.

Comment

In my opinion, fishing is definitely better before a storm, but as huntfishtrap said, hunting is not as easy to predict. I would say it has a lot to do with the length and severity of the storm for hunting.

Comment

Deer feed heavily before a storm front, but I agree with huntfishtrap, they also feed after a storm front. SO...it's debatable.

Comment

As bad as a fisherman that I am, I have to say during a storm front is when I always seem to do my best. If lightning becomes a bit excessive, I'll reel in for the day. As goofy as it sounds, I think fish can't see what's outside that water so they become more active-feeling more safe. Let's just say I have great raingear, because it shorts and a t-shirt...I don't even get a bite.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget