Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was looking through the fishing catalog of a major outfitter. Just for grins i counted the number of different fishing lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking through the fishing catalog of a major outfitter. Just for grins i counted the number of different fishing lines

I was looking through the fishing catalog of a major outfitter. Just for grins i counted the number of different fishing lines - not different weights, just different types. There were 62 different lines. That seems a bit of overkill to me. Is there that much difference, say, between the mono lines or is it more a marketing thing? How do you narrow down what line you are going to buy?

Overkill, for sure. I don't think there's much different between mono lines, and the only reason I use what I do (Berkeley Trilene), is because it's what I started out using when I was a kid, and I've never had a reason to switch. I mostly use fluorocarbon line now though, because it's less visible in the water. I can't remember what brand it is at the moment...

Comment

ther is a HUGE difference learn to fish noobie

Comment

Like what? Kook

Comment

wow you really dont know???? haha

Comment

I like the kkok brand of line. It’s really inferior to all the others, but the commercials are unbelievable and the packaging is loud and begs for attention.

Comment

You have not said anything???

Comment

Ignore kkok, he's just a troll. Probably a 12 year old kid playing on his parents' computer when they're gone.

Comment

I have not the slightest what lines are anymore. What does braided line mean like on Berkley fireline? I use that in the highlighter yellow mainly because I can see it when it's in the water. I've been told that fish can't see it....but I still wander why I am not pulling too many fish in from my hook..

Comment

Officerdom1987, I have no personal experience with braided line, but everything I've read about it suggests that fish can indeed see it underwater, just like people, so if you've been having poor luck fishing that could be the reason. About the only time braided line is recommended is when deep-water fishing or fishing for toothy fish, like muskie or pike, because it's tougher and stronger than single-strand (Mono) lines of the same diameter.
                    I would switch to fluorocarbon line, and see if that makes a difference in your catch, you can't see it under water like braided line, but that's kind of the point...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                      by dewman
                      Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                      Yesterday, 08:40 AM
                    • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                      by dewman
                      Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                      Yesterday, 07:59 AM
                    • What is taking so long ?
                      by jhjimbo
                      Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                      09-21-2020, 07:52 PM
                    • Burn cream
                      by CD2
                      Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                      No longer does.
                      Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                      Bargain.

Got...
                      09-21-2020, 05:39 PM
                    • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                      by dewman
                      So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                      09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X