Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there is a little creek about two miles from our place and there are about five carp that hang out in the shadows. how to catch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is a little creek about two miles from our place and there are about five carp that hang out in the shadows. how to catch

there is a little creek about two miles from our place and there are about five carp that hang out in the shadows. how to catch carp?

Carp will eat almost anything, but canned sweet corn is the most popular bait. It's customary to chum the area you are going to be fishing with some of the corn an hour or two before actually wetting a line, but if you can see the fish, that's probably not necessary. Just put enough of the corn kernels on a hook to cover it, set a bobber so it's suspended just off the bottom, cast it out above the fish, and let it float down past them. If the corn doesn't work, you can try the tried-and-true method of a big hunk of worm on a hook. Good luck!

Comment

some people fly fish for them. use a fly that looks like a berry, a crayfish, or a bug.

Comment

When I was a child I watched my older Brother fishing for carp. He wasn't haven't any luck so he walked up the hill to a corn field. He took four ears of corn and scraped off all the corn kernels into a bucket. He grabs a handful of kernels and throws them in the water. We could see the carp feeding on the corn. When the carp finish eating he throw another handful of corn but this time he included in his baited hook loaded with corn kernels. He caught a monster carp.

Comment

Bow season just opened up in Minnesota Today, you could get them that way

Comment

I like to use zucchini squash cut in half lengthways. I put a hook down into the flesh of the squash and toss it out into the water. The carp will slowly suck the zucchini flesh out of the skin and usually get the hook also.

Comment

I use a nightwalker on a gang hook with a small sliding egg sinker. They are very spooky , so cast upstream and let the worm drift to them

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                Today, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X