Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a newbie to crappie fishing so i had a couple questions for the more experienced. what type of lures are best for crappie f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNwhitetailHunter
    replied
    rooster tails are a myth

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    Try something like a rooster tail. It will increase your chances of finding fish since bass, crappie, blue gill, and pretty much every other aggressive fish will hit it.

Leave a comment:

• MNwhitetailHunter
    replied
    crappie jigs work REALLY well with or (sometimes) without bait. there have been days were i have out fish people using the same jig without bait! basically its the same thing(or it is) that DSM mentioned. I have noticed that color sometimes matter to the fish. tubes occasionally fall off and you will go thru a pack but its well worth the 2 $ for a pack.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    In the spring look for submerged wood in shallow water where they come to spawn. After the spawn crappies will likely suspend off drops at various depths. In the summer I can usually catch them by drifting or trolling minnows on a tube jig across the main reservoir basin. In natural lakes they also suspend but there will usually be a few relating to the deep weed edge while feeding.

Leave a comment:

• I am a newbie to crappie fishing so i had a couple questions for the more experienced. what type of lures are best for crappie f

I am a newbie to crappie fishing so i had a couple questions for the more experienced. what type of lures are best for crappie fishing and are they in the same type of vegetation that a bass hangs out in. or where should i look to find hotspots for crappie. a downed tree in the water or grassbeds or around rocks anything helps thanks in advance for any answers.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sight in
    by fitch270
    It’s only two weeks until the youth deer weekend so it was past time to get my daughter’s m700 .243 dialed in from the scope swaps I did a few months...
    09-25-2021, 08:38 PM
  • A couple 😡😡 from the range yesterday
    by dewman
    First, my 2001 Leupold vx2 crapped on me. I mean bullets flying everywhere. Had to burn more ammo I didn't want to determining it was indeed the scope....
    09-24-2021, 09:25 PM
  • Gear overload?
    by fitch270
    I’ve been thinking about this since my gun show post over on F&S. May have to cross post for more feed back but in the spirit of our earlier discussion...
    09-22-2021, 09:26 PM
  • 7mm-08 range time
    by dewman
    Almost sold this one because I couldn't get it under about 2". Then sitting at home I thought hmm, I've only been using 120gr because I have mostly...
    09-22-2021, 08:18 PM
  • Cool gift
    by fitch270
    At work today I was given this hand made slate call from one of my accounts. He’s a retired butcher, outdoorsman and former baseball coach. He also...
    09-21-2021, 07:40 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X