Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently was able to land my first crappi last summer, I never thought it would be that fun catching a pan fish. What is it ab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently was able to land my first crappi last summer, I never thought it would be that fun catching a pan fish. What is it ab

I recently was able to land my first crappi last summer, I never thought it would be that fun catching a pan fish. What is it about this fish that makes it fun to catch?

I think its because of their shape. They put up a pretty big fight for their size because they are flatter and can drag their body through the water to make it harder to pull them in. The saltwater version of this is probably sheepshead. They are shaped the same way and put up a great fight. Both Crappie and Sheepshead taste great, so its a double bonus!

Comment

They put a great fight no matter how big or small they are.

Comment

they are a good fight great tasting and there uslly a good size fish and they look nithing like a sheephaed

so ya

Comment

they are so adicting becuase they can put up a good fight i landed my first on in idaho

Comment

I just experianced the same thing and I am hooked now too. I think it's that they are a diferent body type than other panfish. They seem to be more athletic. It's especially fun on really light tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by NCdeerhunter View Post
              I think its because of their shape. They put up a pretty big fight for their size because they are flatter and can drag their body through the water to make it harder to pull them in. The saltwater version of this is probably sheepshead. They are shaped the same way and put up a great fight. Both Crappie and Sheepshead taste great, so its a double bonus!
              This is the first time I've heard the flat shape can be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by rrmont View Post
                They put a great fight no matter how big or small they are.
                LOL! They do put up a good fight for their size!

Comment

Originally posted by yungdeerslayer View Post
                  they are a good fight great tasting and there uslly a good size fish and they look nithing like a sheephaed

so ya
                  I've never caught a sheepshead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelzey Gallagher View Post
                    they are so adicting becuase they can put up a good fight i landed my first on in idaho
                    Hmmm, your English needs lots of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjac18 View Post
                      I just experianced the same thing and I am hooked now too. I think it's that they are a diferent body type than other panfish. They seem to be more athletic. It's especially fun on really light tackle.
                      There's the key - light tackle

Comment

"Crappie has been one of my favorite fisheries for years. Don’t discount them. On light tackle, they’re a tremendous amount of fun; on the dinner table, they make for tremendous eating."
                        http://www.auburnjournal.com/article/crappie-are-fun-catch-—-and-eat

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                          by fitch270
                          I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                          Yesterday, 01:34 PM
                        • Reloading Gear Order
                          by fitch270
                          I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                          10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                        • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                          by dewman
                          Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                          10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                        • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                          by Ernie
                          Any handgun hunters here?
                          Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                          10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
                        • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                          by Ernie
                          I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                          hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                          10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X