Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite lines for baitcasting reels? I've been using Trilene for a long time, but haven't tried anything new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your favorite lines for baitcasting reels? I've been using Trilene for a long time, but haven't tried anything new.

What are your favorite lines for baitcasting reels? I've been using Trilene for a long time, but haven't tried anything new.

I've used Stren my entire life. It has always worked so why try anything new =p.

Comment

I use 20# seaguar Invizx Fluoro on my baitcaster for everything. I fish for small mouth alot in a rocky river close to my house and never lost a bait or fish yet. It seems to be very abrasion resistant. I normally have to replace the jighead before I have to retie.

Comment

I used to use Trilene exclusively. Now though I have been using Bass Pro Shops Excel. I've never had a failure and it wears very well for me.

Comment

Pineywoods, I have used a lot of different lines over the years. Since I have been going through a lot of line working with reels as much as I have in recent years, I settled on Suffix Elite 12# clear mono strictly due to the cost. But I also like the Trilene XL in 17# and Stren Original clear in 14#. The reels that I fish for big reds off Dixie bar or for blue fish in the pass DO get braid. But for casting and fishing freshwater all day, soft mono lines are hard to beat. They cost less to respool when a professional over-run has to be cut off, (and it happens sometimes even to pros) while they effect a good deal less wear and tear on the old thumb.

Comment

Thanks, guys. It looks like I'll just stay with my old standbys---was just wondering if there was something new and wonderful out there that I was overlooking. I'm just going to be re-spooling my bass rigs.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lost some cover; pic heavy
              by fitch270
              ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
              Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            • Covid-19
              by jhjimbo
              Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
              09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
            • Spur of the moment rifle
              by Amflyer
              I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
              09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
            • The $20 Shooting Shack
              by fitch270
              So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
              09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
            • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
              by dewman
              one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
              09-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X