Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hand augers? don't have the money for a gas auger which is better: strikemaster mora auger or the lazer one? thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand augers? don't have the money for a gas auger which is better: strikemaster mora auger or the lazer one? thanks.

hand augers? don't have the money for a gas auger which is better: strikemaster mora auger or the lazer one? thanks.

I'd go with the StrikeMaster Lazer Hand Auger

Look online at popular outdoor shops like Cabela's and read the customers reviews on the different augers.

Comment

+1

My buddy up north has the Strikemaster Lazer model and I was pretty impressed with it last year.

Comment

Do NOT buy a mora or any other brand auger. StrikeMaster has perfected their design with the Lazer. I don't care if you can find a mora for $20...its not worth it. You should be able to find a demonstration Lazer with new blades on ebay for like $70-80 and its worth every penny. I have the 6" model and my dad has the 8" we use his to start holes for ice saws and take the smaller one out for making jigging holes. The effort it takes to turn the 8" is nearly twice as much as the smaller models. If you are just using it to drop a line, you probably want to get one of the smaller models.

Comment

I own the 6" lazer hand auger which is perfect for early ice up to 8" thickness. Anything beyond that and you won't have energy to catch the lunkers. I have had 4 holes drilled before my buddy had his gas auger started. I also have the gas lazer which zips through ice quickly.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget