No announcement yet.

Has anyone used garden snails as bait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used garden snails as bait?

Has anyone used garden snails as bait?

Yuck! Not me. Never thought of it before.

Comment

It was not too bad catching them, just hold on to the shell. slugs on the other hand, no way.

Comment

Going fishing sunday morning, i will let you know how the little guys work.

Comment

I never have used them for bait but I have raised snails in my fish aquariums. The fish have not bothered them and they can breed and get out of hand. But I guess that if you bust the shell and they put out a bloody presence, the fish might go for them. It is always worth a try.

Comment

Well, some things came up last minute and my fishing trip was scrubbed. I will let you know how they do when i get out fishing.

Comment

Guess I was thinking only of slugs. I've actually eaten snails---once. They tasted like garlic butter and cost too much. I'll be anxious to hear the results.

Comment

I'm sure somethin will eat em

Comment

I've never tried snails for bait. Earth worms and night crawlers for me.

Comment

Well guys, as soon as i get a day with no rain i will get out and do some fishing. I'll let ya'll know how they do. I will be doing more bowfishing than anything because the cast gets taken off tomorrow!!

Comment

I heard they work good but never tried them. I have 1 in my goldfish pond and its never bothered by the fish.

Comment

slugs are like ticks...they are just a blood sucking parasite. totally worthless.

Comment

Snails are excellent bait for catfish. I use them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget