Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey all Im from Ohio and really into fishing, but as you all know there is a lot of snow on the ground. Yes, I've tried ice fis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smitty18
    replied
    When the snow is not too deep i run a bigger string but when it gets deep, 7 is enough.

Leave a comment:

• Smitty18
    replied
    I also tie flies and run a small trap string. By small i mean 7 traps.

Leave a comment:

• keith green
    replied
    Hey B'stu, moved south out of Michigan, many years ago but, when then, just like the days you can't walk on water, sometimes their biting, sometimes their not. I do remember limiting? on perch, gills, with a bait we called "mousies", a kind of bee larva? Bass n' Pike normally took to minnows fairly well. Nothing like a thaw day with the sun shining when they're biting, so don't give up, just ask the bait shop for some help.. it's a hoot when those frozen fish come back to life in the sink trying to clean 'em, pleases the misses to no end. . . .

Leave a comment:

• jamesti
    replied
    i tie flies and reload. i also have to keep working with my dog to keep him in good form.

Leave a comment:

• Beef Stu
    replied
    Hey dovehunter2 thanks for the ideas I'll have to try them. By the way I'm from Sterling Ohio

Leave a comment:

• dovehunter2
    replied
    i like your name do you have outdoor life issue feb 1997? if you dont you can make some stuff out of old sheds(deer sheds, not barns) like the thick parts can be salt and pepper shakers and a toothpick holder.(i made one yesterday) and smaller antlers can be flatened on one side and glued in a corner of two slabs of wood with epoxy glue to make bookends. by the way, what part of ohio are you from? i'm from dayton

Leave a comment:

• Hey all Im from Ohio and really into fishing, but as you all know there is a lot of snow on the ground. Yes, I've tried ice fis

Hey all Im from Ohio and really into fishing, but as you all know there is a lot of snow on the ground. Yes, I've tried ice fishing but can't seem to catch any thing in my small pond stocked with Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Redear and Catfish. Do any of you have any ideas on how to catch fish? Even ways to stave of cabin fever would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget