Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ive been fishing most of my life, and like many outdoorsmen i want to share one of my favorite pass times with others. so my gir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ive been fishing most of my life, and like many outdoorsmen i want to share one of my favorite pass times with others. so my gir

ive been fishing most of my life, and like many outdoorsmen i want to share one of my favorite pass times with others. so my girlfriend has shown interest in fishing, but has seemed skepticle about taking it up. she isnt squeemish about baiting the hook or touching the fish or any of that but she still seems cautious. any suggestions on how i can get her started?

lighten up on getting her into serious fishing.have fun,add camping,swimming,sight seeing.you been a fisherman all your life and can't expect a newbie to function the same starting out.

Comment

Plan the trip for her comfort. Women don't like to sweat, get bitten by bugs or get dirty. When I fish in summer, I pack a small hunting chair with a back, wet wipes for dirty hands and private breaks, bug repellent, snacks and drinks. On a boat, don't forget a blanket and sun shade. Women, like kids, need to be shown the fun to be had for them, not just for you. And don't forget the kisses and praise. We love that!!!

Comment

My wife enjoys fishing. But, if I want her to go, and most times I do, then I need to pack along some creature comforts.

Comment

turn it into a nature lesson. teach her about the difference in fish species and point out birds, animals and kinds of trees. obviously don't do it too an extreme but throw some of that in there nonchalantly and next time you ask her to go fishing she might go more so for that reason.

Comment

All good ideas posted; pay the most attention to Tuesday Stine; she knows of what she speaks.
            later,
            charlie

Comment

Like Nike says, just do it. She will either like it or not, but you will never know until you go.

Comment

thanks guys. once the weather warms up ill probably head out a few times then ask her if she wants to but i figured i may as well plan ahead. i really appreciate all the advice

Comment

Try going to a private farm pond. There are usually alot of bluegills that are fairly easy to catch so she wont get bored.

Comment

the more she does it the better she wiill get thats how we all got to the way we fish now rite ! same with my wife, but i got her a new rod and small takle box 4 xmas she loves it , now i dont have to worry about breaking my stuff . ahaa

Comment

I don't know how it would relate to fishing, but I read that a good way to get your woman to watch sports(and thusly be allowed to watch sports) is to make it personal. ie: That quarterback is dating this supermodel. Maybe research which celebrity women are fisherpeople.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                        by jhjimbo
                        If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                        Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                      • Pay it forward
                        by fitch270
                        I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                        10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                      • Reloading Gear Order
                        by fitch270
                        I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                        10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                      • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                        by dewman
                        Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                        10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                      • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                        by Ernie
                        Any handgun hunters here?
                        Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                        10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X