Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am getting married at the end of may in 2010, we are going to go fishing somwhere in the midwest for trophy pike for our honey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting married at the end of may in 2010, we are going to go fishing somwhere in the midwest for trophy pike for our honey

I am getting married at the end of may in 2010, we are going to go fishing somwhere in the midwest for trophy pike for our honeymoon, we will need a decent cabin and a boat to rent, any suggestions for a good trophy pike lake. I am from northern michigan and heard that minnesota was good or northdakota any suggestions will be taken into consideration thank you

Your wife to be wants to go fishing for your honeymoon, does she have any sisters??? To answer your question, GO TO ONTARIO! Its cheaper and a lot better lodges. Go to fishontario.com

Comment

I grew up on Lake Oahe in South Dakota and we fish pike in the spring every year, although most people fish them from shore with frozen smelt on bottom. Pike in the 15-20lbs range are pretty common. The water levels were at record lows and are starting to come back up to normal, which means there is a lot of flooded vegetation so the pike fishing should be great in the coming years. If you need any more details just let me know.

Comment

If you can afford the Kaby Lodge, I would suggest you do that, you will have amazing fishing for pike and walleye, maybe even some perch.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget