Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know that hunting season is for *hunting*, so how many of you hunters still plan to do a little *hunting* for fish during this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know that hunting season is for *hunting*, so how many of you hunters still plan to do a little *hunting* for fish during this

I know that hunting season is for \*hunting\*, so how many of you hunters still plan to do a little \*hunting\* for fish during this season? I have heard through the grapevine that there is a twelve point bassalope out there just waiting for me

Only for coastal Stripers,most of our gamefish seasons end here in NB by the end of September,but we can still surfcast for them til the end of October.

Comment

Planning on doing some Walleye fishing here in MN in Oct. Love the woods in the fall but enjoy being out in the boat as well.

Comment

I fish all year round, so I will be fishing as well as hunting this fall.

Comment

Santa, where do you reside? Im from Fairhope. I am intimately familiar with the places you speak of. That is before it all changed. My parents still live in Fairhope.

Comment

Less than 1/4 mile from the old Marlow Ferry site. The ferry is long gone, but it is now a little park and boat launch. I am basicly 11 miles from Fairhope, 11 miles from Foley, and 11 miles from Robertsdale. I have deer tracks in my driveway this morning. (the county has had to put a deer crossing sign in front of my house). I trapped three wild hogs up the hill behind my house last week. And I can be drinking coffee at my desk, go fishing in the river, catch lunch and be back drinking coffee in under an hour. I my not live in the best location, but if you do not count the hurricanes, it is not to bad.

Comment

Hunting season overlaps lobster season & I usually do a little spearfishing while I hunt for lobster. It's alligator season too so I'll be hunting lizards--got 5 so far this year--other peoples tags (I'm not a poacher). I'm mostly teaching rookie hunters this year, but I filled one of my own tags & saved one for later in the season. I don't usually do a lot of hook & line fishing during hunting season, but I hope to change that this year.

Comment

Santa, Next time I get down that way Ill holler atcha.

Comment

santa ~ Here in Nevada, my sights are set on the Bighorntrout. The hunt is always on...

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake View Post
                    Only for coastal Stripers,most of our gamefish seasons end here in NB by the end of September,but we can still surfcast for them til the end of October.
                    NB?

Comment

Originally posted by MN Outdoorsman View Post
                      Planning on doing some Walleye fishing here in MN in Oct. Love the woods in the fall but enjoy being out in the boat as well.
                      When do the lakes freeze in MN?

Comment

Originally posted by mesarich View Post
                        I fish all year round, so I will be fishing as well as hunting this fall.
                        My Dad also does that

Comment

Originally posted by GERG View Post
                          Santa, where do you reside? Im from Fairhope. I am intimately familiar with the places you speak of. That is before it all changed. My parents still live in Fairhope.
                          I'm interested in that answer too

Comment

Originally posted by santa View Post
                            Less than 1/4 mile from the old Marlow Ferry site. The ferry is long gone, but it is now a little park and boat launch. I am basicly 11 miles from Fairhope, 11 miles from Foley, and 11 miles from Robertsdale. I have deer tracks in my driveway this morning. (the county has had to put a deer crossing sign in front of my house). I trapped three wild hogs up the hill behind my house last week. And I can be drinking coffee at my desk, go fishing in the river, catch lunch and be back drinking coffee in under an hour. I my not live in the best location, but if you do not count the hurricanes, it is not to bad.
                            That does sound like a good place, except for the hurricanes...

Comment

Originally posted by seadog View Post
                              Hunting season overlaps lobster season & I usually do a little spearfishing while I hunt for lobster. It's alligator season too so I'll be hunting lizards--got 5 so far this year--other peoples tags (I'm not a poacher). I'm mostly teaching rookie hunters this year, but I filled one of my own tags & saved one for later in the season. I don't usually do a lot of hook & line fishing during hunting season, but I hope to change that this year.
                              Never hunter gator but may do it in Central FL this year...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                                by dewman
                                So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                                Today, 10:12 PM
                              • Now That's Service
                                by jhjimbo
                                Had my local Jeep dealer mount two tires and rotate some. When they did that they also spray painted my rims to cover up some brake dust stains I could...
                                Today, 07:57 PM
                              • Lost some cover; pic heavy
                                by fitch270
                                ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                                Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              • Covid-19
                                by jhjimbo
                                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                              • Spur of the moment rifle
                                by Amflyer
                                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X