Small water lures, what's your go to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small water lures, what's your go to?

I have settled on fishing streams & small ponds with only paddle tails(rigged either by themselves or beetlespin style), 4" worms, & floating rapalas. Used to use buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, assorted swimming plugs, spoons & torpedos too but a floating rapala does just as good with I think a better hookup ratio. Sometimes when my shoulders/arm is really getting me I might toss a popper and just give it a twitch or two. What are you fellas tearing them up on right now?

When we finally get to it I’ll be using mainly 2” or 3” curly tail grubs, Trout Magnets, Phoebes and a few assorted spinners on the river. For ponds and lakes add in some Rapalas and 2”-3” tube jigs. I’m pretty much done trying new stuff and will be sticking with the basics for the most part. Problem with that is when you fish with someone else and they’re cleaning up with something you don’t have while you can’t get a bite.

One thing I do need to try is Rapalas on the river. I hear some guys hook up on big Browns using them but it’s never been something I’ve used for that.

Comment

I like an original Rapala on small rivers. Get good results with Rooster Tails on small streams.

On lakes I'm going to start using Culprit Red Shad - 7.5 inch with Gamakatsu red 2.0 hook and 1/8 oz bullet weight.

Comment

Any kind of little spinner type baits. Beetle spin style and such.

Comment

Dug worms and a bobber.

Comment

Short tail beetle spins, white, black, yellow or motoroil.

Mepps in yellow or black.

Tiny tubes in red w white tail fringe used to be dynamite on smallies.

Comment

Bass i run bigger beetlespins.
              LIke jitterbugs and rapala for top water.
              Jigs and Mepps have worked well.

Rubber worm fishing i never got the hang of.
              No boat, so am a bank hunter.

Sometimes wade for em

Comment

May buy a jon boat when the crash comes.
                No deals to be had at this time

Comment

I've had a couple of jon boats and got rid of them. Now down to two canoes and need to get rid of a 5hp two-cycle outboard motor.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Returned Leupold vx2 follow through-
                    by dewman
                    Received my 2001 Leupold vx2 back from them today. Thankfully my scope was repaired instead of substituting. My lenses look amazing, can't believe they...
                    10-26-2021, 02:36 PM
                  • Bee hive construction
                    by FirstBubba
                    So far, I've built a "bee vacuum" and a "swarm trap".
                    When I deploy the trap this spring, I'll need at least one hive....I hope!...
                    10-24-2021, 10:45 PM
                  • He’s in
                    by fitch270
                    The Kid got his acceptance letter yesterday from the college he’s mainly interested in. Including a decent scholarship right off the top. Still another...
                    10-24-2021, 07:07 PM
                  • 280AI Draws First Blood
                    by Ernie
                    BCG 280 Ackley Improved XP-100. This custom XP-100 shoots so good, and everyone who has shot it loves it.
                    I finally was able to draw first blood...
                    10-23-2021, 04:27 PM
                  • Preserving meat, fish and produce.
                    by FirstBubba
                    This subject was broached as a tangent to another thread on F&S!

Do you process your own game?

What preservation methods...
                    10-21-2021, 09:21 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X