Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most you have spent for a fresh water fishing lure (not a collectable) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitario Lupo
    replied
    25 bucks I do Muskie fishing and there not cheap including custom made ones.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    An old fishing buddy went on a kick where he'd only fish for musky. Ever. So I got on that bandwagon for a year and bought a few dedicated lures. I don't think I ever topped $20 on that, but I have a couple that'd get close.
    Otherwise.. I like soft plastics, they're cheap by the bag and they work. Though I do have some spinners, roostertails, and rapalas were my favorite for a long time too. Should go back to those. They worked.
    I have a spot in a Lake that I do well for Muskie with a worm harness and a big fat nightcrawler. I troll medium speed by the edge of a weed bed and they charge out to hit the worm. These are Tiger Muskies and are around 32" + so I put them back. Real thrill to catch one.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    I have a favorite Rapala that's over 20 years old. If stuck on a log, I'd consider using SCUBA gear to retrieve that old thing.
    Jimbo, your friend showed true dedication!

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    I have a favorite Rapala that's over 20 years old. If stuck on a log, I'd consider using SCUBA gear to retrieve that old thing.
    Matt, you indeed know how I feel about my favorite lure!

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    A little over $5.
    It was a "Bagley's Balsa Bee". Never caught a fish with it. LOL!
    Anymore, my limit is about 89 cents for a crappie jig! I will spend $3.49 for a dozen minnows.
    It kills me to pay $4.79 for small Panther Martin and Mepps spinners. And those are even the Walmart prices. I might have to start making my own again.. I used to have one of those kits, but nothing I ever made seemed to work as well as the name-brand.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Over on FS (talking about crappies, of all things) I was just mentioning my standard silver-and-black floating Rapala. I've had it since I was a kid; it was one of the first lures I ever bought. Several times, I've gone wading or swimming to rescue it. It is scarred from pike and pickerel teeth and I've replaced the hooks quite a few times. On one of my last outings last fall, it caught me a hefty 21-inch brown.

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    My FiLaw Is a huge rapala fan. I forgot about 15 years ago rapala was selling the 2' ish long novelty sized models of their standard lure I bought him one for his game room. I don't remember what it cost, but I'm sure it was technically the most expensive lure I've ever bought.

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    An old fishing buddy went on a kick where he'd only fish for musky. Ever. So I got on that bandwagon for a year and bought a few dedicated lures. I don't think I ever topped $20 on that, but I have a couple that'd get close.
    Otherwise.. I like soft plastics, they're cheap by the bag and they work. Though I do have some spinners, roostertails, and rapalas were my favorite for a long time too. Should go back to those. They worked.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    A friend had a good size trout on and it went into a hole under the bank and he could not get it out. He got in the water and went under the bank to grab it.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    On the Cahaba River, Alabama

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    A little over $5.
    Anymore, my limit is about 89 cents for a crappie jig! I will spend $3.49 for a dozen minnows.
    #1 Bubba, you are tighter than the bark on a tree! LMAO!

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    A little over $5.
    And I thought I was frugal

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    It was probably about $10. I like Rapala and they run about $6 to $10 for freshwater lures

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    The boy had a Wopper Plopper lure on his Christmas list, we paid about $10 for it. I wouldn't have spent that for my tackle box but he doesn't ask for much in general.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Happy Thanksgiving !
    by bowhunter75richard
    Wishing all users on the site a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving ! How far will some of you be driving to spend this great family time with your families...
    11-25-2019, 01:39 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X