Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most you have spent for a fresh water fishing lure (not a collectable) ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most you have spent for a fresh water fishing lure (not a collectable) ?

What is your absolute top price ?

A little over $5.
    It was a "Bagley's Balsa Bee". Never caught a fish with it. LOL!
    Anymore, my limit is about 89 cents for a crappie jig! I will spend $3.49 for a dozen minnows.

Comment

The boy had a Wopper Plopper lure on his Christmas list, we paid about $10 for it. I wouldn't have spent that for my tackle box but he doesn't ask for much in general.

Comment

It was probably about $10. I like Rapala and they run about $6 to $10 for freshwater lures

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          A little over $5.
          Anymore, my limit is about 89 cents for a crappie jig! I will spend $3.49 for a dozen minnows.
          And I thought I was frugal

Comment

A little over $5.
            #1 Bubba, you are tighter than the bark on a tree! LMAO!

Comment

I have a favorite Rapala that's over 20 years old. If stuck on a log, I'd consider using SCUBA gear to retrieve that old thing.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                I have a favorite Rapala that's over 20 years old. If stuck on a log, I'd consider using SCUBA gear to retrieve that old thing.
                On the Cahaba River, Alabama

Comment

A friend had a good size trout on and it went into a hole under the bank and he could not get it out. He got in the water and went under the bank to grab it.

Comment

An old fishing buddy went on a kick where he'd only fish for musky. Ever. So I got on that bandwagon for a year and bought a few dedicated lures. I don't think I ever topped $20 on that, but I have a couple that'd get close.
                    Otherwise.. I like soft plastics, they're cheap by the bag and they work. Though I do have some spinners, roostertails, and rapalas were my favorite for a long time too. Should go back to those. They worked.

Comment

My FiLaw Is a huge rapala fan. I forgot about 15 years ago rapala was selling the 2' ish long novelty sized models of their standard lure I bought him one for his game room. I don't remember what it cost, but I'm sure it was technically the most expensive lure I've ever bought.

Comment

Over on FS (talking about crappies, of all things) I was just mentioning my standard silver-and-black floating Rapala. I've had it since I was a kid; it was one of the first lures I ever bought. Several times, I've gone wading or swimming to rescue it. It is scarred from pike and pickerel teeth and I've replaced the hooks quite a few times. On one of my last outings last fall, it caught me a hefty 21-inch brown.

Comment

A little over $5.
                          It kills me to pay $4.79 for small Panther Martin and Mepps spinners. And those are even the Walmart prices. I might have to start making my own again.. I used to have one of those kits, but nothing I ever made seemed to work as well as the name-brand.

Comment

Matt, you indeed know how I feel about my favorite lure!

Comment

Jimbo, your friend showed true dedication!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Record Baseball Contract
                                99explorer
                                Infielder Manny Machado just signed a ten-year $300 million contract with the San Diego Padres.
                                I don't know how much he would have left after taxes,...
                                Today, 02:16 PM
                              • Fatalities Outdoors
                                MattM37
                                So far this season, snowmobiling and ice-fishing each have resulted in more fatalities in New York State than hunting did during the previous deer and...
                                02-14-2019, 07:58 PM
                              • Do boycotts work?
                                99explorer
                                Dicks' Sporting Goods decision in 2018 to ban the sales of AR-15-style rifles helped contribute to a 4.5% decline in sales in its hunting business....
                                02-11-2019, 05:15 PM
                              • New spring football league.
                                99explorer
                                What are your thoughts on the formation of this new professional football league that plays in the spring of the year?
                                It is called the Alliance...
                                02-10-2019, 02:33 PM
                              • Gun Review - Ruger American Rimfire Compact
                                PigHunter
                                Yesterday, I finally made time to go to the range to sight in my new Ruger American Rimfire Compact in .22lr with the Dead Air 'Mask' suppressor. I've...
                                02-09-2019, 11:27 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X