Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any body fished yet? Going to some farm ponds tommorow,some good bass have been caught in them previously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body fished yet? Going to some farm ponds tommorow,some good bass have been caught in them previously?

First trip out

I did well a week ago with speckled trout in the surf, but then the fresh, muddy water from that drought buster storm came down the rivers into the Gulf and shut down nearly all inshore salt water fishing. It will be some time before it clears.

Comment

I typically don't fish until the April 1st trout-season opener, though I've been thinking about doing some crappie fishing when open water starts showing up. We have a couple of decent-sized ponds not far from town, back in a patch of state forest. It's been warm lately, for February anyway, but the ice got pretty thick this year, so I don't know how soon that'll be, especially if we get that one last blast of winter that often comes along just when we start thinking it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
        I typically don't fish until the April 1st trout-season opener, though I've been thinking about doing some crappie fishing when open water starts showing up. We have a couple of decent-sized ponds not far from town, back in a patch of state forest. It's been warm lately, for February anyway, but the ice got pretty thick this year, so I don't know how soon that'll be, especially if we get that one last blast of winter that often comes along just when we start thinking it's over.
        I used to camp out at S, end of Canandaigua Lake at Catherine Creek for April 1. Nice rainbows there.

Comment

No fish today,we had to cancel,good news is they are still there

Comment

I haven't been out yet but the fishing I hear has been good. Still planning my Muskie trip.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun show today
              by fitch270
              Had another one of those close but not quite encounters today. One of the things I’m keeping an eye out for is a compact model rifle for my daughter...
              Yesterday, 09:45 PM
            • Beater .44 mag
              by CD2
              My dad got this rig way back. And he shot the crap out of it. 255gr cast about all it ever ran and medium hot. All the time.

I inherited...
              Yesterday, 11:42 AM
            • Eatin ‘chuck
              by dewman
              Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
              08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
            • Parallax adj
              by CD2
              Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
              08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
            • TriggerTech installed
              by fitch270
              First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
              08-06-2022, 10:09 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X