Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February usually has a few moderate days and fish are hungry ,what fish do you go after?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February usually has a few moderate days and fish are hungry ,what fish do you go after?

Techniques

I enjoy a nice Salmon stake at Fish Bones Restaurant in JAX Fl.

Comment

Our small game season doesn't end until March 4th so I'll wait until after that for fishing. Then I'll be after various types of freshwater bass.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have been doing a little ice fishing, but it is not the fish that are hungry, it is myself as the fish have not been very cooperative ! My favorite time for fishing is when the gills are on the beds and taken with a flyrod, but that will not be yet for some 4-5 months, darn !

Comment

Crappies this time of year. Several locals make trips to Mississippi starting about now. I've gone a couple times locally but as you know it is way colder out on the water. The bite, at least for me, has been mediocre both in size and numbers. Probably wait till end of February before again answering the urge. Going on a rabbit hunt tomorrow. Be 6 or 7 of us and a dozen or so dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
            Crappies this time of year. Several locals make trips to Mississippi starting about now. I've gone a couple times locally but as you know it is way colder out on the water. The bite, at least for me, has been mediocre both in size and numbers. Probably wait till end of February before again answering the urge. Going on a rabbit hunt tomorrow. Be 6 or 7 of us and a dozen or so dogs.
            I wish all yous Guys good Luck I miss the Rabbit Hunting....The Coyotes, Foxes Panthers & Bobcats get all the Fl, Rabbits;-((

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
              I have been doing a little ice fishing, but it is not the fish that are hungry, it is myself as the fish have not been very cooperative ! My favorite time for fishing is when the gills are on the beds and taken with a flyrod, but that will not be yet for some 4-5 months, darn !
              I fish for the fun of it ,so anything on the bite is welcome,I wouldn't, know how to use a fly rod,though I have a light rig to make it a bit more fun,

Comment

Although I was a bird hunter ,I did enjoy good dogs on rabbits.Once you get to where you recognize the different dogs running it seemed heightened the drama.

Comment

Tree, rabbits on my place were way down. I had some treated full cut 4X12's about 6 to 8' long. I took one on it's side and put 4 leaning on that one. The rabbits had a place to hide where the hawks and others could not get them. Now they are all over my place.

Comment

Mostly whiting (Gulf Kingfish) and sheepshead.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X