Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting seasons winding down,any one. else re-spooling line on rods getting tackle boxes organized? Anyone fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting seasons winding down,any one. else re-spooling line on rods getting tackle boxes organized? Anyone fishing?

Proper,planning,

I use to run jug lines and trot lines for cats,nowadays I go after panfish,I want to try for walleye,there are supposed to be plentiful in some Kentucky waters but I haven,t a clue how to fish for them,how about it guys,care to share your techniques?

Comment

I fish for them in Lake Erie. They are either on the bottom or suspended around the thermocline. Cast ErieDerie with a night crawler and count down to the thermocline depth. Pull and slack retrieve at a speed consistent with water temp. The higher the sun, the deeper they go. Early morning you might find them in 5' of water looking for bait fish.
      Good luck.
      If you want to try Lake Erie go to Port Clinton, Ohio and go out on a head boat. Lots of fun and fish.

Comment

I'll be small-game hunting until the end of February. Trout season opens April 1st, so March is when I get after the fishing preparations. I did actually do a little trout-season shopping recently, though: In the ice-fishing gear at Walmart, I found the hard rubber wraparound cleats and bought a couple pairs. I put them over my wading shoes for a little extra grip on slippery rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          I fish for them in Lake Erie. They are either on the bottom or suspended around the thermocline. Cast ErieDerie with a night crawler and count down to the thermocline depth. Pull and slack retrieve at a speed consistent with water temp. The higher the sun, the deeper they go. Early morning you might find them in 5' of water looking for bait fish.
          Good luck.
          If you want to try Lake Erie go to Port Clinton, Ohio and go out on a head boat. Lots of fun and fish.
          Thx Jhjimbo , I,m looking forward for the winter cold to subside a bit ,most large lakes here are controlled by corps of engineers for flood control,the winter draw down limits available boat access,After last years debacle of the boat flooding and late night rescue,I,m hesitant to challenge the extreme temps right now. Although my friends boat capsized it didn't, sink completely,my 14ft. Fiberglass John boat would if it were to take on to much water. These Walleye do they run in schools ? I figured to kinda drift fish along shore line. I think I will look up port Clinton and see if feasible.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X