Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A family enjoying themselves fishing in Florida, and then this happens. What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A family enjoying themselves fishing in Florida, and then this happens. What would you do?

It happen this month in St. Petersburg. How do you like their lame argument and their stupid examples?
    They even throw the man's fish back in the water. That fish was his property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwGFgRhJM48

In regards to the fish though... how many of us are actually OK with leaving the fish, unstunned to bake and suffocate in the sun.

At the same time. If the anglers started throwing haymakers, I wouldn't condone it, but I'd understand.

Comment

After flipping that fish back, in my neck of the woods, That would buy a trip to "Gator Land"wink,wink:-((

Comment

Hmm. I lost half that post when it failed and apparently I didn't copy the whole original.
        I opened up with beyond that guy's views, he should be looked at by child services for dragging that kid into a confrontation.
        He was also depending on the mercy of those he views as savages to not stomp him into the mud. You can't always judge a book by his cover, but I don't think the child and the ladies were going to help him a lot if those guys were less reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
          In regards to the fish though... how many of us are actually OK with leaving the fish, unstunned to bake and suffocate in the sun.

At the same time. If the anglers started throwing haymakers, I wouldn't condone it, but I'd understand.
          I agree they should of cleaned the fish, and pack it away in the cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
            After flipping that fish back, in my neck of the woods, That would buy a trip to "Gator Land"wink,wink:-((
            Or a trip to the Dentist to replace some teeth. :-))

Comment

If that happened to me while fishing:

1st - I would start laughing at the idiots
              2nd - I would have stomped the fish's head and killed it in front of them and their kids, still laughing
              3rd - Call the police

There's no way I would strike a first blow, especially while being filmed in front of so many witnesses

Comment

This is a little sideways to the question, but I have nothing good to say for people who leave fish flopping in the sun to die and/or spoil. If you aren't going to eat the fish, throw it back. If you are, at least respect the quality of the meat and put it in a cooler.

Now, having said that, I admire the restraint the fishermen demonstrated in not destroying the animal rights activist in the first ten seconds.

Comment

The "activist" is an idiot!
                  Fish do not have the ability to feel love, hate or pain like a human.
                  Fish eat their babies and other fishes babies!
                  Which humans eat their children and other people's children?
                  Actually, I think idiots from both sides of the spectrum met!

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                    This is a little sideways to the question, but I have nothing good to say for people who leave fish flopping in the sun to die and/or spoil. If you aren't going to eat the fish, throw it back. If you are, at least respect the quality of the meat and put it in a cooler.

Now, having said that, I admire the restraint the fishermen demonstrated in not destroying the animal rights activist in the first ten seconds.
                    Agreed.
                    But it still doesn't give the activist the right to throw the fish back.
                    That's another argument all its own.

Comment

Yeah, just drop it on ice in the cooler.

Comment

I tried to edit my response, and it didn't work. I did not mean to insinuate in any form or fashion that I have any sympathy for or any agreement with the animal activists. You can't argue with them---that's what they want. They use no logic, or, intelligence, for that matter. I greatly admire the restraint the fishermen showed by not returning the activist to the water, or tearing off both his ears and using them for bait. Have to agree with PigHunter about immediately stomping on, or otherwise killing the fish. It is a thing of wonder to see how the parents have brainwashed their children.

If I find myself in that kind of situation, I'd have to leave because, as I stated in a post about harrassed bear hunters, I have more of a temper than is good for an old man and I'd soon find myself arrested, on the news, getting my butt kicked, or being persecuted on a nationwide scale. These people are sort of like farts---bothersome and offensive, but not worth getting in the sh!t over.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                          If that happened to me while fishing:

1st - I would start laughing at the idiots
                          2nd - I would have stomped the fish's head and killed it in front of them and their kids, still laughing
                          3rd - Call the police

There's no way I would strike a first blow, especially while being filmed in front of so many witnesses
                          Even if the fishermen had a five gallon bucket with water, it would keep the fish alive and fresh. Who wants to eat a dried out sun baked fish. Plus is cruel to allow the fish to die slowly.
                          Here is a fisherman short video with the a five gallon bucket.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vdd5WGgtAXU

Comment

If they can throw your fish back in the water, then your fishing rod, your tackle box, your car keys and your cell phone are fair game to be thrown in the deep also. When do you say enough is enough?
                            -------------------------------------
                            Edit- I just found this law online, dealing with personal property. That fish was the fisherman's fish therefore his personal property.

"Criminal Law
                            3476. Right to Defend Real or Personal Property
                            The owner [or possessor] of (real/ [or] personal) property may use reasonable force to protect that property from imminent harm. [A person may also use reasonable force to protect the property of a (family member/guest/master/servant/ward) from immediate harm.]
                            Reasonable force means the amount of force that a reasonable person in the same situation would believe is necessary to protect the property from imminent harm.
                            When deciding whether the defendant used reasonable force, consider all the circumstances as they were known to and appeared to the defendant and consider what a reasonable person in a similar situation with similar knowledge would have believed. If the defendant's beliefs were reasonable, the danger does not need to have actually existed.
                            The People have the burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant used more force than was reasonable to protect property from imminent harm. If the People have not met this burden, you must find the defendant not guilty of insert crime."

Comment

Hey Bubba, are all your Alaskan halibut still alive when you get back to shore at the end of the day.
                              My Brother's boat on Lake Ontario has dead salmon and steelhead in the water filled live well at the end of the day.
                              Do those fish suffer? Just Playing Devils Advocate with you. :-))
                              BTW, I am not agreeing with letting your fish die out in the sun. That was wrong for the public to see.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X