Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on a person keeping legal bass and other sport fish from a state/public lake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dewman View Post
    I've fished that lake a couple dozen times as it's fairly close to me. I've got absolutely no problem with what you did. Two thumbs up on your bass? There are some old farts who hang at the lake and act like it's their private farm pond. They treat everyone like they are illegals and they act like they know every big fish, no matter the species, by its first name. I almost bet I know those fellas. They wouldn't know me as dewman and I'm not wanting to give out my real name otherwise I'd tell you to tell them shut their holes. I'm sorry you were treated that way. It's YOUR fish and YOUR choice(within the law) what you do with it.
    Hey now, don't be dissing someone for having a trophy wife, LOL!

Comment

I have no problem with anyone keeping a legal fish. My response to the hecklers would depend upon my mood and how outnumbered I would be. It's not fruitful to try and reason with idiots.

Comment

The only reason I can possibly think of as to the other dingbats feelings, that they were pissed off not catching the fish themselves and knowing that the fish was no longer in the lake to be caught. Sounds as though it is a case of stinginous on their part for being left out of the hoopla ! Doesn't it make you smile when you know you pissed off some damn idiot, I love it. You did the right thing, now I expect to see you post a big smilling photo in hopes they will somehow see it. Congrats JM. I am smilling for you !

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
          You did absolutely nothing wrong. Anyone who wants to keep a legal fish should do so, and not feel bad about it. In my opinion, the people who are religious about only practicing catch-and-release are nuts. I understand the rationale behind releasing the big fish, but some folks take it way too far. The way I see it, your only mistake was in trying to reason with those guys. I'd have just ignored them and walked away.

Congratulations on your bass, BTW! I'm no good at all at guessing fish weights (unless we're talking carp, lol), but I'd put it at 11lbs. You gonna have it mounted?
          Be careful JM, HFT is now a prize winning taxidermist and will be pumping all the userers for their business! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
            It looks like a seven pound bass to me?
            Most fishermen take measurements and release their fish.
            I caught a nice Wahoo in Kona, Hawaii. The boat captain took photos and measurements. He also faxed my fish info to my taxidermist. We did not release my Wahoo because they are excellent to eat.
            For those wishing to have a fish mounted, but not kill it, that is a very simple matter. All that is needed is to take the length and girth measurments, release the fish, give the measurments to your taxidermist and he can order a reproduction fish blank, paint it correctly and presto, your fish is hanging on the wall and it is near impossible for anyone to know the difference.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X