Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again, my favorite smallmouth/walleye river is practically unfishable due to all the rain. I'm jonesing for walleye; I've usually had at least one good fish-fry at this point in the summer. Are you experiencing any out-of-season floods, or oth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, my favorite smallmouth/walleye river is practically unfishable due to all the rain. I'm jonesing for walleye; I've usually had at least one good fish-fry at this point in the summer. Are you experiencing any out-of-season floods, or oth

Once again, my favorite smallmouth/walleye river is practically unfishable due to all the rain. I'm jonesing for walleye; I've usually had at least one good fish-fry at this point in the summer. Are you experiencing any out-of-season floods, or other weather-related delays, obstacles, etc.? Do you just wait them out or find something else to do?

• GerryBethge
    replied
    Hey guys.....seems as if it's been the similar here in the Northeast. Because smaller streams and rivers clear more quickly from heavy rains, that might be an alternative. But before you give up the ghost on where you're fishing, give these tips a shot:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/node/1005005114

Gerry Bethge
    GerryBethge

Leave a comment:

• GerryBethge
    replied
    Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
    The trout streams in my area are great right now. Right about normal flow with just a touch of cloudiness. Caught a limit of rainbows last weekend, and released another half-dozen. The Mississippi River has actually been way below normal where I bowfish, because the #!#%! idiots controlling the flow kept the gates on the dam open for some unknown reason. Consequently, we've spent more time getting off of sandbars and stumps than fishing. They've finally shut the gates all the way down, so hopefully the level improves. I usually just do something else when the water quality is cruddy. I'm plenty busy in the summer anyway.
    Hey guys.....seems as if it's been the similar here in the Northeast. Because smaller streams and rivers clear more quickly from heavy rains, that might be an alternative. But before you give up the ghost on where you're fishing, give this tips a shot: http://www.outdoorlife.com/node/1005005114

Gerry Bethge

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    The trout streams in my area are great right now. Right about normal flow with just a touch of cloudiness. Caught a limit of rainbows last weekend, and released another half-dozen. The Mississippi River has actually been way below normal where I bowfish, because the #!#%! idiots controlling the flow kept the gates on the dam open for some unknown reason. Consequently, we've spent more time getting off of sandbars and stumps than fishing. They've finally shut the gates all the way down, so hopefully the level improves. I usually just do something else when the water quality is cruddy. I'm plenty busy in the summer anyway.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Lake Erie is all riled up and cloudy from several storms that have passed through recent days. I was out yesterday and it was still running 4' waves. It takes a week of calm for it to settle down and fishing to resume. The Lake is running 1'+ above normal for this time of year.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget